Custom text and various other improvements
A custom text for the update message can can now be specified for each browser separately. See documentation for details.
In the last year a lot of work was put into improvements, new features and fixing edge-case bugs.
- reminderClosed: 0 can be passed. Then the user cannot close the bar
- add option "notify_lts" to also notify firefox browser that has still "Long term support" (LTS). Normal behaviour is to ignore this version as long as it is supported
- require instead of notify: specify version which is required on the site. This is easier with minor version comparison
- better detection if iOS devices can be updated to the latest version of iOS
Some of the fixes:
- fixed bug where specifying required version "0" did not mean "latest version", as specified in the docs
- Fix keyboard accessibility for the "Ignore" button-link
- fix when permanently ignoring did not work on some sites (where reminder=0 was set)
- do not make whole bar clickable if custom text is set
As always, we also worked on improving the detection, reduce false positive notifications and are whitelisting small niche browsers.